Minutes of the founders' meeting
International Society of Biomass and Bioenergy (ISBB)
Secretary of ICB 2018 drafted and presented a proposal on rationale of establishing an international society on biomass and bioenergy in the meeting. This proposal was delivered to founders' meeting participants and discussed at the meeting.
- to promote academic & industrial development in biomass (and related) fields, by providing opportunity of an international forum of operating international biomass conferences, publishing high level papers, as well as providing professional training programs.
- to host capacity development of young generation scientists and staff, providing opportunities to work in an international association, of implementing various projects as above.
- To have an official publication
- To have strong network with biomass and bioenergy industries with the participation of their high- ranked official in the society
- To organize training and short courses
- To plan for mobility programs to allow participants or students to have more real-life experience in related industries.
- To promote research attachment at established labs of its members for research capacity upgrading and expertise sharing
- To give certain recognitions to high-achievers in biomass science and technology